Becoming a Google Certified Educator!
Do you frequently use Google tools in your school or are you interested in learning? If so you should consider becoming a Google Certified Educator!
What is a Google Certified Educator?
The Google Certified Educator program is a certification demonstrating you can successfully implement Google tools in the classroom. The certification program has two levels, Google Certified Educator Level 1 & 2.
Level 1 Certification indicates you have a mastery of basic Google tool use whereas Level 2 indicates more advanced usage of the tools.
Why Become a Google Certified Educator?
- To gain more knowledge of the Google Tools
- Engage in professional growth & development
- Learn strategies to increase productivity and student engagement in the classroom using Google tools
What is needed to achieve Google Educator Level 1 Certification?
Pass the Google Certified Educator Level 1 Exam
The exam can take place anytime/anywhere (however you need a working webcam as Google will take pictures of you periodically as you write your exam)
The exam is available within 24 hours of registering for an exam
The exam takes around 2-3 hours
The exam is comprised of two parts: multiple choice questions and hands-on activities (you will be given a Google account just for the exam and the materials can be accessed via the attached Google Drive)
Your certification will be mailed out almost immediately upon completing the exam
The certification is valid for 2 years
How is the training course mapped out?
- The course is organized into 3 Modules with a few units in each module
- Each module walks you through different training exercises using Google tools
- At the end of each module there is a unit review (quiz)
Interested in becoming a Google Certified Educator? Click below to download a free copy of my Google Certified Educator Level 1 Study Guide.